UPDATE – December 18, 2020
As we roll into this new season things are going to be a little different during the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our guests and staff is at our top priority. As After discussions with our local health authorities and working with Canada West Ski Areas Association guidelines, we have taken the following extra health measures to help keep all guests and staff safe this season.
MASK / FACE COVERINGS ARE TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON-SITE.
· If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to the hill.
· Feeling unwell includes, but is not limited to, respiratory issues (cough, running nose, fever, shortness of breath).
· Please do not enter if you have recently travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days
· Please do not enter if you have tested positive for COVID-19
· Please do not enter if you have been in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19
· Call HealthLine811 if you have recently travelled and are experiencing respiratory or flu-like systems.
· Always wear a mask while visiting OPTIMIST HILL.
· For more information and updates on COVID-19 in Saskatchewan visit, Saskatchewan.ca/COVID19
· Please use the Guest Entrance area ONLY to enter the park. Employee entrance is for employees
· Masks/face coverings WILL be required in all indoor spaces.
· All staff will be wearing masks and or face shields.
· OUR CHALET WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EXCEPT FOR VENDING MACHINES AND COFFEE/HOT CHOCOLATE. ALL SEATING WILL BE CLOSED. ALL PURCHASES MUST BE CONSUMED OUTSIDE.
· Enhanced cleaning and sanitization throughout the facilities. There will be hand sanitizer available
· Deep clean of facilities every evening, and high touch/heavy traffic areas (such as bathrooms, vending machines etc.) will be cleaned regularly
· STORAGE BINS & LOCKERS FOR PERSONAL ITEMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. PLEASE LEAVE ALL PERSONAL ITEMS OF ANY KIND IN YOUR VEHICLE. USE YOUR VEHICLE AS YOUR LOCKER. IF YOU ARE DROPPED OFF, ALL ITEMS WILL BE STORED OUTSIDE, THERE WILL BE NO INSIDE STORAGE OF PERSONAL ITEMS.
· ANY BAGS LEFT UNATTENDED OR LEFT INSIDE THE CHALET WILL BE REMOVED BY STAFF.
· There will be no outside food/beverages permitted in the chalet. Should you wish to bring your own lunch/food you are to eat those in your private vehicles or outside around our firepits.
ARRIVING AND PURCHASING LIFT PASSES (OR SEASON PASS DAILY LIFT TICKET)
USE GUEST ENTRANCE ONLY—BEST TO PREPURCHASE ON LINE AND BRING FORMS SIGNED (IF REQUIRED—RENTALS OR TUBING)
Upon arrival at Optimist Hill, there will be a greeting station with health check signage, and information for guests. Masks/ face coverings MUST be worn at ALL times during this process.
All lift ticket purchases MUST be conducted at the Windows outside. Follow signage. A request for Contact Tracing contact information will occur when entering Optimist Hill. Please use the physical distancing markers; release forms for rentals and tubes can be signed in our reception shed/shelter. If a season pass holder, or using own equipment, release forms not required.
SKI LIFTS/OUTDOOR FACILITIES
Following the current social distancing Guidelines, we ask that if you drive together, you ride together on the lifts.
Masks/ face coverings MUST be worn at ALL times
2-meter physical distancing in lineups – usually a standard ski/snowboard length.
Lift attendants will be wearing masks/face coverings.
Physical distancing in line ups is required along with mandatory face masks.
One Tube per person. Tube groupings are not to be shared with people outside your “bubble”.
Tubes will be sanitized between guests.
Space will be limited.
We will not be offering any group lessons or camps this season.
All instructors will be wearing face-coverings/masks at all times.
All lessons must be pre-booked. Family lessons are permitted. Anticipate longer than usual wait times for rentals.
With extra precautions for health and safety in place, we do anticipate longer waits to get equipment this season. If you are taking lessons, please come early!
Sanitation of equipment will take place daily.
Face coverings are mandatory in the rental shop. 2 metre physical distancing is required while waiting in line, outside.
All staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields.
One person, or two from same family/household cohort at a time in the rental shop fitting area
Will have staff to assist with boot sizing & forms to help limit contact.